Update: Steel & Silicon has been on hiatus since 2011, when I took a full-time role at Google to work on renewable energy and robotics.
I enjoyed the six years I spent in engineering consulting for cleantech (as Steel & Silicon, and before at GreenMountain Engineering), and I want to say thank you to every client, advisor, and collaborator for your support over our time working together. I expect some day I'll be back to consulting, but for now I've taken down the rest of this web site, and my contact info is on LinkedIn.
Steel & Silicon is a tiny*, fast, flexible engineering services firm, providing:
- Engineering design and fabrication (mechanical, electrical, software)
- Projects ranging from turnkey automation to product engineering to detailed analysis
- A strong commitment to great engineering and great customer service
- Extensive experience and references (client list) in a number of fields, including solar/cleantech (see also my list of patents and publications)
- Working quickly and efficiently and getting it done
I make it quick and painless to discuss a potential project: Just contact me, I'll sign your standard NDA, we'll discuss your needs, and I'll get back to you within a week (or if you're in a hurry, within a day) with a concise proposal, schedule, and quotation.
*Steel & Silicon is a single full-time employee/owner (Max Davis), augmented by a roster of exceptional other individual engineering consultants and contractors I know to provide expertise or bandwidth for an urgent project where needed.